1oz Gold Britannia Coin
*Email for Prices*
As the Roman Empire expanded, conquered provinces were personified with female figures; a means to establish order and create a sense of unity. Extending its influence northwards, the Roman army eventually crossed the channel to reach British shores. Britannia first appeared on the coins of the Emperor Hadrian over 2,000 years ago.
Restored to British coinage in 1672 during the reign of Charles II, she’s appeared on the coins of every subsequent monarch. Reassuring and resolute she’s a rallying point come crisis or celebration, an embodiment of our national pride. Instantly recognisable all over the world, Britannia resonates with international investors, a trusted symbol of the quality of British minting.
The Royal Mint is proud to present the 2019 Britannia coin featuring Philip Nathan’s classic design. Standing firm in the eye of the storm, she displays an unyielding resolve. Since it was chosen to adorn the very first Britannia bullion coin in 1987, it has been acclaimed as a modern masterpiece.
- Struck to bullion standard
- 1 oz of 999.9 fine gold (24 carat)
- Exempt from capital gains tax for UK residents
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule
- Weight: 1oz (1 Troy oz) | 31.107g
- Monetary Denomination: £100
- Purity: 99.99% Fine Gold | 24ct
- Dimensions: 32.69 mm
- Finish: Bullion Grade
- Made in: United Kingdom
- Date Manufactured: Various
- Certified: Royal Mint UK
For volume investors, MyGold® offers discounted price break points at the following quantities:
20-49 x 1oz UK Gold Britiannia Coins
50-99 x 1oz UK Gold Britiannia Coins
100+ x 1oz UK Gold Britiannia Coins
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and minimum order quantity.