2022 Special Edition Proof Silver Dollar – Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee
Since 1971, highly sought-after collector-issue silver dollars have been issued by the Royal Canadian Mint to mark some of the most important events in Canadian history. For 2022, this special-edition proof silver dollar expands the long tradition, commemorating the 70th anniversary of the reign of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
The Platinum Jubilee design features a double portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. In the foreground, Her Majesty is presented in three-quarter view and radiates wisdom gained through her 70-year reign. Next to her is a portrait of her younger self in 1952, shortly after her accession to the throne. The ornate frame includes several maple leaves that serve as an additional tribute to her role as the Queen of Canada. The obverse features the date “2022” and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- A ROYAL ANNIVERSARY! In 2022, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. Join us in honouring Her Majesty’s dedication to service and her extraordinary 70-year reign as Queen of Canada and Head of the Commonwealth.
- A DOUBLE PORTRAIT! Her Majesty’s historic long reign is beautifully represented by the double portrait reverse, which juxtaposes a portrait of Her Majesty today with one of her younger self in 1952, at the start of her reign.
- FINELY DETAILED DESIGN! While remaining faithful to the artist’s original concept, RCM engravers studied countless portraits of Her Majesty to ensure likeness during the engraving process.
- A HISTORIC CELEBRATION! A must-have for royal enthusiasts and history lovers, this 99.99% pure silver coin will serve as a distinctive historical marker in your collection.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
Don’t miss out on this gorgeous royal coin!
- Weight: 23.17g
- Purity: 99.99% Fine Silver
- Year: 2022
- Country: Canada
- Certified: Royal Canadian Mint
- Mintage: 25,000
- Monetary Denomination: 1 CAD
- Finish: Proof
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and order quantity.