2022 1kg Perth Mint Silver Kookaburra
Out of Stock
AUTHORISED NZ DISTRIBUTOR
Founded in 1896 as a branch to the British Royal Mint, Perth Mint today is one of the largest minting plants globally, owned by the Western Australian government. Manufacturer of the iconic ‘Kangaroo’ gold and silver investment coins, Perth Mint also produce a popular lunar series and a range of sought-after collector coins.
A laughing kookaburra, the largest member of the kingfisher species, is synonymous with the Australian outback. The Perth Mint is pleased to present three bullion coins featuring the kookaburra, meticulously struck from 99.99% pure silver in 1 kilo, 10oz and 1oz sizes. Only 500,000 1oz coins will be released. No mintage limit applies to the 1 kilo and 10oz coins, however production will close at the end of 2022 and The Perth Mint will declare each coin’s official mintage.
- Australian legal tender
- Annual release in the popular Kookaburra series which dates back to 1990
- 1 KG of 99.99% pure silver in BU finish
- Reverse portrays a kookaburra perched on an ornamental bird bath among Agapanthus, flowering plants regularly seen in Australian gardens. All coin designs incorporate the inscription
- ‘KOOKABURRA’, The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark, the 2022 year-date and the weight and purity.
- Obverse of each coin bears the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
Each bullion coin is presented in a protective acrylic capsule.