2022 Royal Mint 1oz Silver Proof Coin – Lion of England
The Lion of England is one of the oldest and most iconic royal beast in heraldic art. Used on the shield of England for as long as one has existed, the lion first appeared in heraldry in the twelfth century. Chosen to represent pride and courage, the Lion of England on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace held a shield bearing the impaled – or combined – arms of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, symbolising the strength of the couple’s union.
Available as gold Proof, silver Proof and Brilliant Uncirculated editions, the coin features a depiction of the Lion of England that is as fearsome as the original stone beast itself. Snarling with sharp claws and boasting an impressive mane topped with a royal crown, the Lion of England truly is king of the Royal Beasts.
- Limited Edition 6000
- Celebrate a powerful dynasty and the symbols that conveyed its might
- The only individual edition of the Lion of England coin to feature an edge inscription. It reads: ‘HAMPTON COURT PALACE ∙ ROYAL TUDOR BEASTS’
- Features the Lion of England – the king of the Royal Beasts
- The reverse was designed by the illustrator David Lawrence
- Contains one ounce of 999 fine silver
- Struck to Proof standard – the finest finish produced by The Royal Mint
- Created in collaboration with the experts at Historic Royal Palaces
Get one now, while stocks last!
- Weight: 1oz | 31.21 g
- Purity: 99.99% Fine Silver
- Year: 2022
- Country: United Kingdom
- Series: The Royal Tudor Beasts
- Certified: The Royal Mint UK
- Mintage: 7,010
- Monetary Denomination: 2 GBP
- Artist: David Lawrence
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and order quantity.