2022 The Britannia 2022 UK 1oz Silver Proof Coin
Great Britain’s Royal Mint introduced its premier Gold Britannia bullion series in 1987 and followed it up 10 years later with the Silver Britannia series in 1997. Today, the Britannia coins are among the most premier names in precious metal coinage. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof releases—and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design, we’re proud to bring you this 2022 Britannia Silver Proof!
Struck in one ounce of highly-pure 99.9% silver by the artisans of the Royal Mint, the new one-year-only reverse design for 2022 was created by artist Dan Thorne and displays a proud Britannia steadfastly facing the wind. She holds her trident in one hand and a shield adorned with a lion’s head in the other. In the background a collage is shown that combines the British flag, sunrays, and rising waves. It’s a wonderful coin that will assume a place of honor in anyone’s collection.
- CLASSIC, ENDURING DESIGN – Standing steadfast in her defense of the British Isles, Britannia is the embodiment of Great Britain. She is featured on the coin’s reverse holding her trident in one hand and shield adorned with a lion on the other while the British flag waves in the background along with sunrays and rising waves. The coin’s obverse depicts Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- EXPERTLY MINTED, HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The 2022 Britannia Silver Proof is struck in one ounce of highly pure 99.9% silver and measures 38.61 mm in diameter.
- UK LEGAL TENDER – These 2022 Britannia One-Ounce Silver Proofs are legal tender in the United Kingdom, with a denomination of £2 (two pounds).
- GORGEOUS PROOF CONDITION – Your 2022 Britannia One-Ounce Silver Coin come sin Proof condition with frosted details rising over mirror-like fields.
- LIMITED EDITION – The British Royal Mint has limited this release to just 6,010.
Get one now, while stocks last!
- Weight: 1oz | 31.21 g
- Purity: 99.99% Fine Silver
- Year: 2022
- Country: United Kingdom
- Series: Britannia
- Certified: The Royal Mint UK
- Mintage: 6,010
- Monetary Denomination: 2 GBP
- Artist: Dan Thorne
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and order quantity.