2022 The Britannia 2022 UK 2oz Silver Proof Coin
Great Britain’s Royal Mint introduced its premier Gold Britannia bullion series in 1987 and followed it up 10 years later with the Silver Britannia series in 1997. Today, the Britannia coins are among the most premier names in precious metal coinage. And while the bullion edition of the Britannia has kept its same design since 2013, each year brings an exciting new design to the Britannia Proof releases—and this year is no different! With a new contemporary design, we’re proud to bring you this 2022 Britannia Silver Proof 2oz Coin!
Struck in two ounces of highly-pure 99.9% silver by the artisans of the Royal Mint, the new one-year-only reverse design for 2022 was created by artist Dan Thorne and displays a proud Britannia steadfastly facing the wind. She holds her trident in one hand and a shield adorned with a lion’s head in the other. In the background a collage is shown that combines the British flag, sunrays, and rising waves. It’s a wonderful coin that will assume a place of honor in anyone’s collection.
- A vibrant design showcasing the talent of Dan Thorne, one of our young product designers
- This year coincides with the 350th anniversary of Britannia’s revival on British coins
- Struck in 999 fine silver and finished to Proof standard
- A Limited Edition Presentation of 750
Get one now, while stocks last!
- Weight: 2oz | 62.42 g
- Purity: 99.99% Fine Silver
- Year: 2022
- Country: United Kingdom
- Series: Britannia
- Certified: The Royal Mint UK
- Mintage: 760
- Monetary Denomination: 5 GBP
- Artist: Dan Thorne
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and order quantity.