2022 The Platinum Jubilee Celebration Two-Coin Set
A once-in-a-lifetime moment celebrated in silver
In 2022, Her Majesty The Queen becomes the first British monarch to reach a Platinum Jubilee. To mark this historic occasion, The Royal Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint are proud to present this two-coin set. Presented in packaging featuring English and French to reflect the heritage of the two nations, each one ounce fine silver coin is struck to Proof standard. The coin from The Royal Mint features a commemorative portrait of The Queen created by John Bergdahl, who took inspiration from previous equestrian portraits of Her Majesty, adding the royal garter to create a truly unique portrait. The experienced coinage artist also created the coin’s reverse design, which features an elaborate royal mantle inspired by the coinage of William IV. The coin from the Royal Canadian Mint features a reverse design by the artist Pandora Young, who has captured Her Majesty as she looked in 1952, the year she became queen. Struck on Canadian coins since 2003, the coin’s obverse features the effigy of The Queen by Susanna Blunt, which depicts the experienced and much-loved monarch we know today.
• Each 1 ounce coin is struck in fine silver to Proof standard
• A unique collaboration between The Royal Mint and the Royal
Canadian Mint to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
• Presented in bilingual packaging featuring English and French
• A must-have for royal and coin enthusiasts who wish to
commemorate this historic event.
- Weight: 1 Troy oz | 32.21 g
- Alloy: .999 Fine Silver
- Diameter: 38.61mm
- Edge: Milled
- Year: 2022
- Issuing Authority: United Kingdom
- Denomination: 5 GBP + 20 CAD
- Mint: The Royal Mint & The Royal Canadian Mint
- Maximum Mintage: 5500 sets
- Designer: John Bergdahl / Pandora Young / Susanna Blunt
* Price guide only. Subject to product availability and order quantity.